Divi 

WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bilingual Photo gallery site - SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by hazy23, Nov 16, 2016.

1. hazy23

Hi,

I'm a newby with websites design and wordpress. I built a photo portfolio website with a '.nl' extension with a wordpress child theme twenty stixteen. My main target group is people in Holland but I would like the non-dutch speakers in Holland and visitors broad to be able to find and read my site too. So I decided to build this site in English (menu bar, page title, urls, about page and a blog page). But now Im worrried that the Dutchies wouldnt be able to find me through a search engine since they will use dutch keywords. I understand if I translate the relevant pages ( about page and the blog page) manually then this wont be seen as duplicated content by google which means you wont get penalized. So I can create an extra page for dutch content. Please confirm.

But how can I get my menu bar, page title and urls also searcheable in dutch keywords to increase the SEO. I dont need the menu bar and pag title to be shown in dutch too since the content is very simple an almost similar but I would like them to be traceble in Dutch in search engines.

Also with regards to the alt text. Is it ok to put one line in English and one line in Dutch ?

Hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks,
    Hazy

2. bestfreewordpressthemes

3. hazy23

4. johnniewalk

5. Amandawil

Cloning of website in ".com" domain and create ALT tag of images with Dutch language on running site is the best idea I appreciate. And it is also according to Google guidelines to. But I still suggest you read carefully all google guidelines before finalizing.