Divi 

WordPress Theme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ads on a mobile site.

Discussion in 'Adwords & Adsense' started by Sugarhill, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Sugarhill

This question really isn't limited to Adsense, but since it the most popular advertising network, I placed it here.

Do your Adsense ads show up in the mobile version of your site? I'm wondering how they would as the site is usually altered when looking at it through a tablet or phone. For example, my site's sidebars are automatically collapsed, so if that is where I would have my ad space, wouldn't that render the purpose useless if most of my visitors are through mobile devices?

Does Adsense have something that makes up for that situation with ads showing up at the bottom of the screen like the ads in free apps? Is it an automatic switch for Adsense or is it something you have to set up?

2. WPhelp

Administrator Staff Member

There is a setting in Adsense where you can enable responsive ads - the ads show as normal, but when they are served on a mobile devise, the ads shrink to fit the screen size down to about the size of an iPhone screen.

Google have made so many improvements in the last year to Adsense, they are trying hard I think to make it more assessable and easier to use for everyone, smart that!

3. tournique

4. Sugarhill

Okay, so there is something that can be done. But, I think in my case, it would still be rendered useless as I would primarily have any ads in the sidebars and if that is something a person doesn't want to open on a mobile device, they won't see them.

I'll probably wait until a significant amount of traffic is the norm on my site and go for something like a CPM or private sales as I doubt very seriously if I would garner enough clickthroughs to warrant the ugliness of Adsense on my site.

5. Jacob

If your ads are "hidden" in a sidebar that must be clicked to open I would not expect much revenue from that ad unit, even on a computer. Generally a well placed banner advertisement will generate more income. All you need to do is find the place on your website where an ad generates the most clicks and still looks clean. Just keep testing different areas and see which spot gives you the best results.

6. Sugarhill

Well, it would really depend on what kind of monitor you have as to whether the ads would be seen. If it's minimum 1200x800, then both sidebars would be expanded automatically and that would be two of the places where I'd consider ads. Anything lower and the right sidebar is automatically collapsed, but the right sidebar would still be prominently displayed. On a mobile device, obviously, both sidebars collapse.

I've worked too hard on my header to put an ad up there. It would have to be a private ad for a good piece of change over short time span agreements for me to consider putting one up there. The sidebars, footer and perhaps at the bottom of individual posts would be the most likely spots if I do it at all.

Thanks for your help with the brainstorming.

7. tournique

8. DTracy3

9. tournique

10. VinayaSpeaks

If you go to the dashboard of you Adsense account, you will see mobile ad option. By using this service, unless ad block is activated on the browser in your handheld device, ads will be visible. Over the years, traffic from hand held device is growing and adsense has rolled out options for mobile device.